join the Earth Guardian Tribe
We are a global community of young warriors and mentors who are tired of waiting for others to lead us into a sustainable future. Collectively, we are stepping up as leaders and taking responsibility for creating the future we want. And we're doing it in a way that works: Positively, creatively and collaboratively.
Engage with us:
Fill out this form to get updates on the Earth Guardian movement (including Crews News, RYSE, Silence Into Action, etc.) and special invitations to participate in Global Action Days.
Now how Do I get Started?
sign the Pledge to be a climate leader
In December of 2015, Itzcuauhtli and Xiuhtezcatl and youth from the International Council took tens of thousands of signatures from young Earth Guardians to Ban Ki-Moon and other world leaders at the COP21 Climate Conference in Paris. By signing the pledge, you are committing to stop waiting for others to lead and to step into your role as a Climate Leader.
Start a crew
IF YOU'RE GOING TO START OR JOIN A CREW,
Scroll up, fill out the form, and check the box
next to "Start my own crew / Join existing crew."
An Earth Guardian Crew is a youth-led group of mobilized badasses ready to take action. Crews are the heart and soul of the Earth Guardians movement– starting a crew is a powerful way to have a direct and meaningful impact on your community while representing the global shift.
Check out our 50 Simple Things carbon-cutting action guide.
Support us financially by being an Earth Guardian Member
This is totally optional – it's a great way to support our movement and get regular Earth Guardian updates.
what does it take to be an earth guardian?
- Be ready to lead. The Earth Guardian team – led by youth directors Xiuhtezcatl & Itzcuauhtli– is a small group based in Boulder, Colorado. We’re not here to tell you what to do– we’re your support system. We know that real, sustainable, organic change doesn’t come from the top-down… it comes from widespread cultural shifts. We know that climate leadership in Colorado might look different than it would in Brazil. Talk to us. Work with us. We’re in this together. How can we help each other?
- Hold yourself accountable to the EARTH GUARDIANS CODE of COLLABORACTION »
- I am a leader. I empower others to lead. Leaders create leaders.
- I put The Earth first. I regularly consider these questions:
- What am I doing on a daily basis to build a healthier, happier, cleaner, more sustainable world?
- How do my habits and choices impact other life on earth, including plants, animals, ecosystems, and people?
- If everyone on earth lived the way I do, would it be sustainable?
- I collaborate. I dare to be someone who actively develops positive, powerful relationships, especially when it’s hard.
- I know that personal sustainability is the backbone of sustainable activism. I take care of myself and others, I listen to my body, and I invest my time and energy in projects that fulfill me.
- I move: more doing, less sitting around talking and planning.
- I go big. I don’t believe in external limits. As Paul Hawken says, “Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible. Do what needs to be done and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done.”
- Your wins are my wins. We’re in this together.
Participate in Global Actions and Protect Our Future days.
Share. We host monthly crew calls the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:00pm MST. Be prepared to have a representative from your crew share and collaborate with other crews.
Interested in volunteering? Fill out this google form and our lead volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you shortly.
Questions? Email email@example.com